Hey girl! I’m Kim Jansen. I run the Words on Paper thang. Consider it a lifestyle and advice coaching blog that focuses on utilizing the written word to tell it to you straight. Cuz in real life I stutter in everyday conversation.
Most days you can find me running from play date to fitness class to work then to dinner. Ha no. But really…
I am mostly known for my skinny ankles and my tiny feet. Apparently people can’t look away.
People often refer to me as the weird one. It’s been a badge of honor I’ve carried for most of my life.
I love serving the world by helping others utilize their imaginations, their gifts, and their stories to be who they are already created to be.
I speak to, inspire, and create products for people who desire to do more despite their “limitations.” Like, they totally want to be better and do more and love others well but can’t seem to get past some sort of hang up. (You know: time, money, the snooze button, some weird personality quirk…)
I am lucky to give them everything I know and everything I’ve learned in my own small life. As a Jackie of all trades (and by trades I mean jobs) I’ve been in their ministry worker or waitress or barista or student or social media manager or stay-at-home mom shoes, and I’ve learned a few secrets along the way. My honors include being recognized by the Odyssey in Athens Class of 2009 as “Most Hesitant to Go Home,” and my friends and family as “Most Likely to Get Stressed Over the Littlest Things.”
When I’m not busy working on Words on Paper and the awesome products that come with it, you can catch me playing racquetball with my husband, eating sweet potato chips at 10:00 at night (which I am currently doing as I write this), or hanging with my two sweet littles. I love a good book, traveling on fun trips, working out (ish…enough), watching Friends, devouring chocolate chip cookies (seriously, bring me one that’s crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside and I will LOVE you until always. Or just bring me any chocolate chip cookie. That’s good, too), singing on the worship team, and hanging with all the awesome people in my life.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me.
- I like pink but I don’t like wearing it. Also, I like outdoor activities but I don’t like the outdoors…? Right? How is that a thing…
- I studied music in college, with a minor and a concentration, but I don’t really do much with it except the aforementioned worship team thing.
- I love my kids. LOVE them. But you’re not going to see me talking about them much on here. I just don’t want to exploit them as I make my millions. No, I kid. I just don’t want to put them in the public eye while they have no say.
- If a chocolate chip cookie is not an option for dessert or breakfast, I’ll take something else that’s chocolate please. The richer the better.
- Only one more? Okay, well, I used to be a competitive figure skater. Which is kind of funny because I’m 5’8”.
Still here? Wow, thanks. Let’s connect! I send a newsletter about once a month that’s got lots of goodies like tips, general good will, discounts for the shop, freebies. Oh so good. Sign up below and treat yo’self.