Time to learn about your 988,563rd favorite blogger and writer! If you’ve been following my blog for some time, or are a close personal friend, even these may be a surprise to you. But I doubt it.
I’m an open book, baby.
So here it is: ten things you didn’t know about me.
- I love a loaded schedule. I kind of thrive on it. Not necessarily that I need something scheduled every hour, but I love having a lot of things on my plate. I’m actually more productive when I have deadlines and several balls in the air (sorry, I can’t stop with the overused phrases). Because if life is too open I just put things off.
- I love being a mom. That’s not a huge surprise to people…I hope, but this is coming from the girl who years ago didn’t want to have kids at all. Now I love watching my little people grow.
- I used to want to be a CIA agent. …I still want to be a CIA agent. Well, maybe not a CIA agent specifically, but I wanted to be a spy. You can thank the movie Spy Kids for that.
- I’m a certified fitness instructor. I teach Les Mill’s Body Pump at the gym my church runs, and I. Love. It.
- I used to want to do everything. After I got married, I researched and considered probably a gazillion different career options, because apparently the ones I studied for in college weren’t going to work. One of the career options was to be a personal trainer, but my husband pointed out that I hated working out. So go figure. I am happy to say that I do enjoy working out in various forms now and hahaha Adam, I am a personal trainer now. Well, okay no. I’m a fitness instructor. That gets paid nothing. But that’s okay.
- I’m extremely un-picky. Like to the point where I don’t understand why people don’t like sushi or barbeque sauce or donuts. Sorry, whaaaat? But I’m working on grace. Also, beets are one of the few foods I don’t enjoy. And hominy corn. Like why is hominy corn a thing? I don’t even know what hominy corn is.
- I have a journal full of story ideas for novels. And most of them are terrible.
- On the side of this blog and the Words on Paper shop I own and operate, I also work for a youth ministry and sing on my worship team and, oh yeah, I’m a mom of two itty bitties.
- I try not to write about my kids. I don’t think I’ll ever explode into someone a lot of people will know and follow. But even so, my kids didn’t have a choice in my online presence so I’m not going to punish them. Sure, I write about lessons in motherhood, but I’ll save the stories for books after I have their permission to share them. On a side not, I really need to start recording stories of funny things my kids do. I’ve forgotten most of them already.
- My husband was my first and only boyfriend. While you’re free to date as you choose, I will say that bringing little baggage to the table made marriage a lot easier. We’re still happily married, so that’s gotta say something, right?